:  The Internet's leading website for Side-Wheeled Paddle Steamers

PS Wemyss Castle (ex - Gareloch)
Built in 1872 by H Murray and Co at Port Glasgow
Engines : 2 cylinder simple oscillating, 35 in x 54 in
Dimensions : 180 ft x 18.2 ft
172 Gross Registered Tons

Replaced PS Carham on the Gareloch run from Helensburgh (later Craigendoran)
Reboilered in 1890
Displaced from the route by new tonnage in 1891
Transferred to the Galloway Saloon Steam Packet Company
Renamed PS Wemyss Castle
Scrapped in 1906

Return to
North British
Galloway Saloon Steam Packet Co
British Paddle Steamer Index