:  The Internet's leading website for Side-Wheeled Paddle Steamers


Above : As built. Courtesy of Markus Graf

Built by Berninghaus at Duisburg in 1890
Length : 68.6 metres :  Breadth 7.6 / 14.7 m
Engines : Compound diagonal by Escher, Wyss & Cie at Zurich

Built for the DGNM (Dusseldorf)
Damaged in Dusseldorf harbour in 1945 but back in service in Novermber of that year
Machine damage in 1949 resulted in three deaths
Withdrawn in 1956
Scrapped in 1960

Return to

Rhine Steamers Historical Database