:  The Internet's leading website for Side-Wheeled Paddle Steamers


Photo by kind courtesy of Markus Graf

Built by Gebr. Sachsenberg at Koln-Deutz
Length : 73 m
Engine : Compound diagonal / Stephenson valve gear

Originally built as a cargo ship with a small upper deck above the sponsons
Rebuilt in 1929 into a paddeenger ship with upper deck
Rebuilt after World War II
Withdrawn in 1967

Above : Elberfeld at Dusseldorf. Post Card view. By kind courtesy of Markus Graf
Return to
Rhine Steamers Historical Database