paddlesteamers.info : The Internet's leading website for
Side-Wheeled Paddle Steamers
Built - 1916 (originally as a barge) at Koondrook, before being fitted out with machinery at Echuca in 1923
Hull - Wood
Length - 76 ft (22.8 m) : Breadth - 15 ft 3 in (4.57 m) : Draught - 2 ft 3 in (0.67 m)
Engine : Built by Ruston & Hornsby of the UK. Re-used from the vessel "Glimpse".
Alexander Arbuthnot at his sawmill for the transport of logs. Between
1947 and 1972 she lay sunk at her moorings, before being raised by a
volunteer group. It was not until 1989 that she came into the
ownership of the Port of Echuca and was restored for public service from 1994,
now having a capacity of 47 passengers.
is regarded as the last working paddle steamer to be built for the Murray River during the riverboat trade era